Fogo de Chão is actively considering experienced Franchise Operators to franchise our brand in international markets outside of Brazil, Mexico, certain countries in the Middle East* and the United States. To be considered, complete the information below and we will be in touch soon.Get Started
Fogo de Chão’s restaurants maximize revenue across broad guest demographics and multiple dayparts with a broadly appealing, approachable fine dining experience, resulting in Best in Class performance versus direct competitors in key metrics of average unit volume, labor costs, restaurant contribution margin and cash-on-cash return on investment.
Fogo de Chão’s restaurant design is flexible with a warm, contemporary and timeless ambience. Our restaurants have proven success in urban, suburban, freestanding and multi-tenant locations. In the US, depending on configuration, we target footprints from 5,000 to 8,000 square feet (Approx. 450 to 750 square meters) and typically accommodate between 200 and 300 guests.
Fogo de Chão offers unique experiences to meet the localized guest needs with great flexibility in daypart menus, portion size, price points and ingredients.
Examples of our unique experiences include:
- An extensive, seasonal Market Table with more than 50 product offerings
- Value-oriented menu options include single cut and a-la-carte selections
- Indulgent, a la carte menu options including appetizers, dry-aged cuts and Wagyu steaks
- Children’s pricing
- Menu options that meet special dietary needs including pescatarian, gluten-free, vegetarian, vegan, Paleo and more
- Group Dining packages
- Bar Fogo menu with small plates, hand crafted cocktails and an award winning wine list
- Off-premise options through take-out, delivery and full-service catering
Fogo de Chão is seeking experienced, multi-unit restaurant owners who have a passion for quality and providing an exceptional guest experience.
To be considered, franchise candidates must possess experience in the following areas:
- A successful 5+ year track record of multi-unit restaurant operations (preferred full service)
- Site selection
- Commercial lease negotiation
- Local marketing
- Procurement and sourcing
Accepted Fogo de Chão franchisees will receive an exclusive protected territory in which they will be given the right to develop and operate multiple Fogo de Chão restaurants under an area development agreement.
Fogo de Chão management and operational teams bring decades of industry leadership experience, making us uniquely qualified as a franchise support organization
Key elements of our intensive training, onboarding program and franchise support program include guidance with:
- Site selection
- Restaurant design
- Marketing strategies and materials to be localized for your area
- Comprehensive training between 10-12 weeks for your operations team in the United States
- On-site training support for your first restaurant opening
- Ongoing business coaching and benchmarking of operating metrics
- Ongoing in-country operations and business strategy support
Candidates should have a minimum of five years’ experience as a successful multi-unit restaurant owner (full service preferred). Candidates should have minimum liquidity of $3-5M USD and have the capacity to finance the number of restaurants to be opened in their territory.
Costs will vary based on factors including the type and size of each location that is developed. While costs will also vary greatly from country to country, for U.S. company-owned units we target initial capital investment costs of between $3M to $4M USD.
Franchisees will pay a development fee for territory rights, and franchise fees for each restaurant to be opened. A royalty is paid to Fogo de Chão for access to the Fogo de Chão’s proprietary system and its ongoing support of the franchised business. Various other fees for ongoing training and marketing support will also apply.
Franchise owners will receive a protected territory within boundaries to be determined by Fogo de Chão within which they will have the sole right to own and operate Fogo de Chão restaurants.
While some products may be imported, we prefer our franchise partners, with the assistance of our Supply Chain team, to source the majority of food inventory within their own country.
*The UAE, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Oman, Qatar, Kuwait and Lebanon are not available for franchise