1.5lb. Top Sirloin Cap
1 tsp sea salt
- Picanha is a specialty Brazilian cut also known as the ‘beef coulotte’ or the ‘top sirloin cap’
- A 1 ½ lb. piece of top sirloin cap should yield 4 similar sized steaks. (5-6oz. each)
- Cut top sirloin cap against the grain of the meat into steak portions, making sure every piece has a ¼” – ½” fat cap on top.
1. Allow Picanha steaks to temper for 20 minutes.
2. Sprinkle sea salt on both sides of each steak.
3. Spray hot char grill with non-stick spray and place steaks on grill.
4. Grill between 3-4 minutes over high heat and then move steaks to lower temperature for another 5-6 minutes, depending on desired doneness.
Serve with Chimichurri Sauce as an accompaniment