Fogo Brazilian Quentão Recipe
Makes 4 drinks
2 cups Malbec wine
1 cup Water
½ cup Sugar
1/3 cup fresh ginger
2 Cinnamon sticks
Cloves and Star Anise for garnish (optional)
1. Place wine, water and sugar into medium sized saucepan over medium heat.
2. Slice one orange and lime in half and add to pan.
3. Peel fresh ginger, cut into small pieces, and add to pan.
4. Add remaining ingredients to pan.
5. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly until sugar has dissolved.
6. Reduce heat and let boil for an additional 15 minutes.
7. Remove from heat, strain and allow to cool slightly before serving.
8. Garnish with an orange twist, cinnamon stick (and star anise/cloves if using) and serve warm.