Picanha con Alho Recipe
8-10 pieces of portioned picanha.
Picanha is a specialty cut known as the ‘beef coulotte’ or the ‘top sirloin cap’
1 ½ lb. piece of top sirloin cap should yield 8-10 similar sized pieces (3oz. each)
Cut top sirloin cap into portions making sure every piece has a fat cap on top. Cut into approximately 2.5” x 2” pieces. Leave ¼” – ½” fat cap on the top of each piece.
1/4 cup of vegetable oil
1 whole medium to large garlic bulb
Sprinkle of sea salt
Beef Preparation Instructions:
1. Blend garlic, vegetable oil & salt for 1-2 minutes in blender. Keep cool until ready for use.
2. Place meat pieces on a metal skewer with the marbled cap on the top.
3. Using a spatula spread garlic marinade generously coating both sides of the meat.
1. Skewered garlic beef needs to be positioned several inches from the grill top or flame and should not rest directly on the grill. Resting on the grill may cause the marinade to burn or stick to the grill.
2. Grill between 3-8 minutes per side depending on grill temperature and desired doneness.
Place 2-3 pieces per guest.