Fried Polenta Recipe
4 cups water
¼ cup corn oil
½ tsp. sea salt
1 ½ cups ground yellow cornmeal
1. In a heavy saucepan bring water and salt to a boil.
2. Gradually whisk in cornmeal in a thin stream.
3. Cook polenta over moderately low heat, stirring constantly, until very thick and pulls away from side of pan, about 30 minutes.
4. Remove pan from heat and pour polenta into a 1” baking pan.
5. Place in refrigerator to cool and set overnight.
6. Once set, use a sharp knife to cut polenta into 1” x 2” lengths for pan frying.
For Pan Frying:
1. Place approximately ½” of vegetable oil in a heavy large skillet.
2. Heat the oil over medium-high heat. Working in batches, fry the polenta pieces until golden brown on all sides, about 3 minutes per side.
3. Carefully remove with tongs and drain on paper towel.
4. Serve while hot, garnished with grated parmesan cheese