Kale and Orange Salad Recipe
4 cups kale, torn into small pieces
½ red onion, cut into thin half moons
2 oranges, peeled and cut into segments
2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
2 tbsp. fresh orange juice
1 clove fresh garlic, minced
1 tbsp. honey
½ tsp. sea salt
¼ tsp. fresh cracked black pepper
½ cup olive oil
1. Wash and tear the kale into small pieces, avoiding the stem. Dry thoroughly. Place in a mixing bowl.
2. Place onion and orange segments into mixing bowl.
3. In a separate bowl mix vinegar, orange juice, garlic, honey, salt and pepper with a wire whisk.
4. Slowly drizzle olive oil in dressing while whisking to incorporate and emulsify.
5. Add dressing to kale salad and toss gently.
6. Serve immediately.